Thursday, April 17, 2008

Vanishings


I become a fan and acute follower of the American Idols Season 8 this year. Initially because I was bored, and not much was on TV... then Michael Johns made it impossible to stay away. He was this Australian born American who had a sort of mysterious tv charisma along with a sexy voice wrapped up in a hot body.... Anyway, he was surprisingly kicked out. Sad....
I watched the Idol anyway despite the abscence of Mr.Johns. They were singing Mariah Careys songs... I couldn't miss it. I always love MC's songs especially her earlier albums when she sounded fresh and memorable. Syesha Mercado sang he older song Vanishing.... I always love that one even though it was not one of the famous song. Reminded me of my time in India... some private flashbacks rush over me.... some recent ones too. Sad....
Then...there was David Cooks. He surprised me with his original rendition of You will Always be my Baby (not sure of the title)... but for once he looks less pompous and honest... He is growing on me.


Have a listen,,,Seysha with Vanishing
and David Cook"s You Will Always Be My Baby


No comments: