Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Bond Mended











My friend in Asiawork had a great idea of finally expressing her love for her dad... by having a picnic. Mind you, it is not a small task. Her idea of family means the father's siblings, their children, grandchildren and great granchildren ( all the cousin mousin....as a friend of mind would have put it). All in all she invited about 90 over people ranging from 3 months old to 89 years old. It was a beautiful sight of chaos and unity. However I did told her a letter would have been effective and cheaper. Was I wrong.....




The family haven't had this kind of gathering in the last 30 years.... for whatever reasons. But today they all were brought here by invitation from my friend who is determined to bring the family together. She wanted to tell her father how much she loves him and to show him that family does matter.... no matter how big the differences are. They were united once again, introducing each family, playing games and karaoke'ing.... We were invited as a support for her. But by inviting me, she gave me more then I could imagine. She made me realised hom much I adore and respect my parents, how I love my siblings and my nephews and my nieces..... and that I am blessed to have aunties, uncles and cousins that still asked about me now and then whenever they meet my parents.




Its true that you can't choose who your blood is... but you sure hell can choose to be grateful for what you have.




No comments: