Thursday, May 06, 2010

Music to heal




Malaysia Philharmonic Orchestra in collaboration with the IJN
Foundation decided to have a mini concert in Melor today. It was such a joy to see my patient smiling while listening to the beautiful sounds from the cello, clarinet, trombone, trumpet arranged in a musical notes..... They even had a chance to be a part of the orchestra, playing the rattler and the tambourine.



I almost had tears in my eye when I saw Safiyah, a patient that has been in IJN for almost 2 months, smiling and shaking a rattler. She looks almost happy. Just half hour ago, I took her blood and she was putting up such a fuss. The music made her forget.... Even if it is just for a little while.


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wah..update blog guna blackberry.. menariknya..