Wednesday, October 13, 2010

2 Weddings & A Reunion

10102010....what a day it was! We woke up in Setapak post-Tulip-Journey the day before. Laze around the apartment feeling the anxiety of the day ahead. Mostly because I have no idea of what to wear for the 2 weddings that day, partly because I will be reunited with some old friends which I haven't seen in ages....some more then 10 years. But thank God for the CWAKA Rovers that spend the night, my anxiety was masked and I did not have any panic attack.




We left for Aqasha & Zura's wedding in Sg Besi a little over 2 pm and Ted drove like a mad man, praying we won't be late. We miss a turn into the area which turned out to be a blessing. As we arrived at the roundabout into the Taman, we ran into the Groom's convoy and ended up joining them at the bride's home.





Aqasha looked regal in yellow surrounded by the turquoise-theme entourage. Mel and I immediately made our way up to see Zura, who looked radiant & glowing in her matching dress. She was calm and composed and beautiful.







Aqasha recited the Nikah in 1 breath and we rejoiced. So happy for them and now we can't wait for the reception on the 25th December!






We rushed back to Setapak after that to get ready for Mus's wedding. Surprisingly I remained calmed thinking of the reunion. Turned out my anxiety was just my imagination....met up with Zila, Liza, Nizam, Mark, Madi, Abg Jeff and Kak Lin....and a few others and we took off like we were never separated. The biggest surprise was that Sharm was there and it was lovely to see her again.









Mus & Halina made a perfect looking couple, equally gorgeous and regal. I shall not be able to list down the VIPs in attendance as there were many.... and a lot of the guest were star-struck! To me the whole thing was an event as there were many foreign Astronauts, not forgetting the Royal Family of Saudi of Arabia. My friend Mus has come a long way since our days in Manipal. So very proud of him. Another proud fact is that Halina's dress was created by my Georgian friend Ariff.....I am just blessed with talented and well-known friends.







We had a bit of a child-like fun when Mark suggested we take pictures at the VIP table, Dias and the wedding cake. Felt like old time....days when we were young again. Those were the days of reckless behaviour, innocent fun, unlimited possibilities! ....We never lost that child-like feelings!

No comments: