Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Frangipanni In My Hair

Bali to say the least was amazing. It was a dream holiday for me. My whole life, there are only 2 places I dreamt to see... saw Paris... and now Bali.
We arrived late afternoon and I was geared up to see more. But that first day was spend enjoying the quiet quaint Seminyak Suite's pool and people. It was lazy.... and relaxing. Balinese are very friendly as in any resort place but they were pleasant as well without being intrusive. I like that.....

The next day we saw a batik factory. It was only natural because we were in Indonesia... and we girls do what we do best....shop. But the highlight of the day was having lunch in Ubud . We had a heavenly view of Gunung Batur.... I didn't want to leave the place.

















We went snorkelling the next day and I got stung by a jellyfish. That didn't damper my spirit and I set forth to discover the colourful world of marine life. Sadly I had no pictures of them cause I didn't have any underwater camera....but trust me.... they were beautiful. Our trusted snorkelling guide were agile underwater and made the experience unforgettable.

We visited the turtle sanctuary but I thought it was sad because it was unnatural to see such peaceful creature caged up. Lunch was at Kuta beach..... view of the rolling waves was all I could take as I was not brave enough to try surfing.

Had a lovely Italian dinner in Kuta beach , walking with a Frangipanni flower in my hair.... it was the best pizza I ever tasted. Who knew that I could have the best pizza in Indonesia. I went mad at shopping for souvenirs the next day in Kuta beach.


Second last day was spend doing the most famous Balinese tradition.... head to toe spa. It was just what the doctor would prescribed.... Shirodara treatment is the best treatment for stress..... you would never look at Valium ever again. i think I am already addicted to spa. I would definitely go back to Bali....one day....

No comments: