Friday, April 08, 2011

CAKE For Iqbal

This is a sequel to my last blog about Iqbal and his wish.

He asked for a cake shaped like a truck 3 days ago. I put up the request in Facebook immediately and the response was amazing. What was more amazing was when Asnida put up his story in her Facebook and the response was overwhelming. A group of Outsource Caterer managed to get the cake to him the very next day. They came all the way from Mantin Negeri Sembilan and the cake was perfect.  They even refused payment.


En Hamzah, En. Abd Rahman and Pn Ana...Angels in our midst

On that day itself, Iqbal got 2 other cakes from Rakan IJN and another NGO. Both shaped like trucks.

Today, Asnida called me early morning and said that she has another cake for Iqbal made by her neighbour. I thought why not. Iqbal asked for only a cake but he got 4 in total. Murah nya rezeki anak ini!

The Firefighter truck from Pn Lin



I was amazed by the willingness of strangers to fullfilled a wish by a child that they don't even know! A lot of angels out there and I am so grateful that my decision to send the wish to others was met with overwhelming response. Just like what Ted said, it would have been good to get the cake for Iqbal myself but to actually shared and allowed others to contribute was what this journey of giving is all about. Sharing the act of giving is more rewarding then I could imagine. Contribution And Kinship Experienced = CAKE for Iqbal story is an example of how in the act of giving....you get more.

2 comments:

A . R said...

Murah sangat rezeki Iqbal. Very thoughtful and kind of you to have spread the request for cake around ... good job Dura :)

Unknown said...

Tx Aisya. I was in my LP mode. Thought of LP123 that night when I went searching for the cake.