Thursday, April 07, 2011

Hoping For Miracle

Iqbal Fahreen is a 4 year old boy with a heart condition that was operable/correctable. But luck was never been on his side. From the beginning he had been put to the test on how strong he could held on. The fist surgery performed during his infancy put him in the hospital for months. He was so sick, I thought he would never pull through. But after 3 months we sent him home.

He was readmitted almost a year after that for another surgery when we found a block in one of the vessel. That admission was stormy to say the least. And yet again, he survived. Unfortunately, he couldn't stay away from us too long. He was readmitted few months after that with similar complications. Surgery was a bit too much so we thought a stent would be helpful. That also did not last. He came back to us last year, heart failing. Further tests showed the stent failed and his heart could not cope. A few months ago, decision was made by our team that nothing more can be done. There were only so much we could do but God had different plan. His parents took the news calmly...and they understood. Iqbal was sent home...and I pray that He would make it easier for him now.

But I guess again, God had a different plan. 2 weeks ago, his mom brought him back to us. His condition worsened but he is holding on. He is blue, bloated and uncomfortable most of the time and mom just want us to help him stay comfortable. So we admitted Iqbal and he is still holding on.

Every morning my routine rounds in the ward would include me popping by in his room, talking to his mom asking if he is comfortable. I never stay longer then a few minutes. For one thing, Iqbal is never happy to see me and for another, my heart breaks a little bit more with every single minute I am with him. So I stay away as much as possible. But today, I stayed longer. Chatting with his mom more then usual, I found out that Iqbal wanted a truck-shaped cake. Mom has made some arrangement for him to get one on Saturday but I was so afraid he won't last that long. 3 days can be a short while for those who rejoice, but for those who waits....it may never come.

So today I tried to get a such cake around Ampang/Setapak. I also tried posting request in Facebook. Luckily Asnida did the same thing and she managed to enroll a friend of a friend to bake him a cake tonight so that he can get one tomorrow....

I guess despite the tumultuous journey he went through all this years, God is finally answering his wish, even at this last moment. At least once in his lifetime, he will have this easy. Only for tonight, I am praying for his life to be a bit longer for him so that he will get his wish....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sama2 lah kita doa, Iqbal akan terus bertahan sekali lagi..