Saturday, February 16, 2008

First experiences



I saw 50 First Date for the first time last weekend. Its an old one. Been out for years but I never got a chance to see it. You would expect a silly slapstick movie from Adam Sandler , moreso when Rob Schneider act as the sidekick. But I was teary eyed at most part of the movie. Yes because I was laughing so hard (especially when Schneider got beaten up silly) but mostly because I found it warm and fuzzy in the midpart, sad and lovely at the end. Drew Barrymore provided the candy sweet element of the movie, playing the part of a girl who suffered a head injury which left her with no short term memory. She will experienced a whole day and not remember it the next day.
Then came Adam Sandler who was at first smitten by her beauty and later fell in love with her vulnerability. I loved the way he had to woo her everyday, in a variety of interesting and ingenius way in typically Sandler's comical silly ways. But the warmth part was how he made her experiences, special and memorable, even though she won't remember them. The first butterfly in the stomach....tingling sensation of the first touch.... rush of the first kiss.
To have all those experiences all over again....

2 comments:

maizikeem said...

Oi Cabbage head! Typical u eh...fauzzy feelings lurch in the stomach! This only happen if you have a permanent head injury! hahahaha...real world sucks!

Unknown said...

You will not break me....I will always be fuzzy inside. Heeeeheheeh