Sunday, July 04, 2010

My Worth

We are in Malacca for a course....actually I am here on an invitation to give a talk on children with heart disease. So naturally they promise to provide me a place here. At the last minute, they change my hotel from Avillion Legacy to Orkid Hotel. My first thought, ok lah... At least I have a room.
As I check into the room in Orkid, my excitement turned into dismay. This is not a hotel but like Ted would described it... This is "hotel ayam". The wall was stained, carpet was thin and dusty... And the bathroom just underwent a repair a few seconds before I enter as dust of paint was everywhere. My thought was, how can an NGO organiser book a room like this for a doctor from a distinguish place like IJN? They might as well place me on the street.
Anyway, I would like to think myself as an accomodating person. I would not mind the place so much as long as it is clean... But I have to put a certain standard in my taste... And that place was definitely unacceptable.
Needless to say, Ted & I walked out and checked out. We drove around a bit and luckily found Bayview... Which is a lot more cleaner. The price difference is only RM 70.
So, the thing is, I have to have a certain standard with my life... And this doesn't mean that I am pompous but just that I know what my worth is.
By the way.... BNR and Malacca government.... You suck at organising events!!!!!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

3 comments:

maizikeem said...

Kesian...Melaka is such a wonderful town but that's another point. There are a lot of decent place to stay and they should check. Not just simply get a run-down hotel for the sake of booking you a room. Dura my advice, next time if you plan to go for a trip/weekend getaway etc...check out the place to stay in Trip Advisor. It will give a good indication from those who stayed there before. And if you see most who said something -ve about the place, you better believe it.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g306997-d562932-Reviews-Hotel_Orkid_Melaka-Melaka_Melaka_State.html

Unknown said...

haiyaaaaaaaa.... buat malu gomen je...

Unknown said...

Memang buat malu gomen melaka ler...but main organizer is the NGO BNR.
Aida, tx a lot...next time i will do this.