Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Parenting


Last Saturday 23rd July, we took Aiman for his tuition in Subang Jaya. Ted finally enrolled him for an academic enhancement since he is now 10 years old and his academic records has not been that excellent. He has been attending the tuition for the last 2 weeks and he seemed to take in good stride.


Aiman is an intelligent boy but so far it has not been mirrored well with his academic achievements. He is a typical hyperactive boy and I can see that he has no patience in studying. It bores him and so he can't stand to sit for hours learning them. This is so typical of ADHD. Academic lesson in Malaysian school is a slow tedious process and for a boy like him, it is simply tiresome.



But give him something that interest him like football,futsal or music, he can sit for hours digesting them in. He can talk about them non stop and the information he vomited out are amazing. Just the other day in the car while driving him to tuition, he actually recalled a song that was famous 11 years ago, singing along to it, word for word. Then recalling the year from which it was first came out. Even Ted and I didn't know it. He is master at googling information from the net and this is definitely not a symptoms of dullness or stupidity....



I am not worry about him in school, and so does Ted. What we can do as parents is just to support his interest. But now, at this point in his life, he needs the academic achievement to give him a platform to be successful in what he decides for his future.... so this is why Ted is sending him to tuition. Like Ted always said, children in school are necessary as it is just the mean to get to the point.... Aiman just have to "do his time". My wish is that Aiman would not loose his interest in life and continue to strive what is important to him. Regardless of what the future lies for him academically, I am praying that he will grow up to be the man that we know he could be....just like his dad.


1 comment:

maizikeem said...

ah...the beginning of tution classes. personally I hate tution class, I will get depressed on tution days..mengalahkan PMS! But I agree la..as parents, it is our duty & responsible to provide these platforms. Wanting them to be the best they can be! I owe my life to ayah if its not for him to push me I wouldn't be where I am right now! It was a bitter sweet memories but I appreciated it more than I do now. I hope Aiman would feel the same; even not today..he will!