Saturday, August 07, 2010

The Beginning of August

This month of 8 had a good start. First of all, I was not on call for this whole first week. I am back in Melor, where I am most comfortable in. I feel more efficient and fulfilled in the general ward. I think the nurses and the clerks like having me back too. There is nothing more rewarding then feeling needed and love.

Since I am not on call, I get to go home everyday and be in Setapak...where I got to handle stuff at home. We had a huge bulk of dirty clothes after our trip from Gunung Senyum. It was 4 loads of laundry and we decided to sent them to the cleaner, which was a great idea as it was really cumbersome to deal with them since we have no washing machine here in Setapak.I got to sort them out  effortlessly and that was a great relief.

Then on Thursday, we sent Aiman, Azrin and Melissa to tuition. We managed to watch Eclipse while waiting and it was pretty awesome spending  time alone with Ted. We were dead tired that night but coming home, I felt a bit more like a mother then I ever did. Sending Aiman to tuition all the way to Subang Jaya made all the tiredness disappeared as he seemed to be more grounded with his study.

Today was another great day. We had pre-Ramadhan feast in Melor and I made my fruit salad, which was loved by everyone. It is a wonderful feeling to be complemented on my cooking (even though fruit salad tecnically is not cooking). Nevertheless, I felt happy that everyone liked it. Furthermore, we were graced by a surprised visit of Mak Kiah(our retired clerk) who I haven't seen for almost a year. My day at work was filled with efficiency in discharging patients and solving pending cases. We worked and laughed and made the working environment so relaxed.

At the end of it, Ted and I went to Berjaya Time Square to get his new BlackBerry. He surprised me with his new Ibanez Guitar, the closest thing to a Martin.....for now. Ted finally got new watch too....2 in fact. The best part, we got them at a bargain and I am always happy to shop for bargains. On our way out from Berjaya we found a stray kitten that was just adorable, we couldn't resist taking him back. Underneath the anorexic dirty body, we saw a kitten who has potential to filled our lives with love. We spend almost an hour trying to trick him to come back with us. He finally jumped in the car and we drove back to Keramat, with him meowing non stop at the back seat.

In Keramat, we get to spend time with Mak, Ayah and Mak Ngah Wan Chik.....sitting down and talking to them, I felt at ease. It was me winding down and I couldn't have done that in a better place. Ayah was not feeling too well so Ted brought the 2 lady out to dinner while I kept Ayah & Aiman company at home. It was nice....that Ted & I could do something so easy and effortless, so that the elderly are happy.




My day is ending....in a good way. Ted tried out his new guitar, which sounded magical. But then, in his hand anything turns to magic. He is such a beautiful player....I am so blessed to always have a front row seat to his performances.





Tomorrow, Ibu & Ayah are coming to Setapak for the first time....so excited to have them here finally. Later, we will be hiking up Broga Hill to watch the sunrise....what a wonderful way to end a wonderful first week of August!

1 comment:

maizikeem said...

Saw your Broga Hill hike! Awesome!