Friday, August 20, 2010

The RobinHood Phenomenon

Robbing from the rich and giving to the poor.
What a noble idea it is, isn't it? It is a folklore, a way to entertain the poor and helpless....justifying the act of stealing which in itself is wrong, making it noble and right.
But how can stealing be right. This is a concept which I could never comprehend. No matter how much I love the idea of giving....especially giving to the less fortunate, I could never justified stealing for them.
But lately, through few misfortune events occurring to me and my family, I believe that people who stole from us believed that they are justified in their actions. A year ago, I lost a valuable trinket, stolen from me. We suspect it was done by a couple of Indonesian worker who helped us renovate our Cheras home. We soon discovered they stole a lot more from Ted...who lost a lot of his construction items. We concluded that just because they think we have a lot, it gave them the right to take from us.Ted went on a mission to make sure those men never worked again in Malaysia. They soon disappeared and never to be heard again.
Recently, Ayah & Mak decided to renovate their Subang Jaya's home which was the office of Avted....hiring a small company with some Indonesian workers. We saw the result today and it was depressing. Even though the house turned out beautifully, there were more disappointments then satisfaction. The leaky roof was not fixed properly....Ted's precious office were destroyed with missing precious paraphernalia and office tables destroyed. Azyan's loss his new driller and some trophy. Again, I thought of how these people believed they could take whatever they want just because they think that Ayah has more then them. I could not comprehend this idea of stealing.
So again, Ted went on a rampage....swearing to do justice and more. Those men had stolen for the last time. I can't wait to see the what happen next. As of tonight, Ted already set the motion of chasing after those rats. He will meet up with the contractors tomorrow and has spoken to the police.
Stealing and taking people's stuff can not be justified even if you have less or none....hell has no fury like Ted's scorned.

4 comments:

maizikeem said...

well speaking of stolen things..i just discovered few of my stuff in the car was missing when Haris send the car at a workshop for a paint touch up. Frustrated I wish I coule have removed the stuff much earlier, but I wasnt prepared because I didnt know about it until he had send the car. Tulah..masalahnya Orang main ambik aje barang kita because they dont care how the owner feel. At the end, biar Allah yang tentukan semua.

maizikeem said...

hahhaha..Ted is on a rampage again!

Baizura S. said...

last 2 weeks, duit i pun kena curi oleh orang yg menumpang rumah. bila dah kantoi, mcm2 alasan/cerita dia bagi. eiiii gerammmm

Unknown said...

Baba...kalau orang dah salah, memang gitu lah gayanya. tak boleh percaya