Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Everybody's Fine


Most people can't accept the truth. This movie looked at that very subject in the most common situation.... how a family dynamic revolves around the truth and the lies each member carries. Robert De Niro plays a father who after the death of his wife of 40 years discovered that he does not know anything about the lives of his 4 children. Each of them spun web of lies around him so that he would be spared the hurt of knowing the bitter truth about their not so perfect lives.

I can relate so well to this. My family kept a lot of truth away from my mom so that she won't be hurt. Our intentions are good but the truth is....they are still lies. And lies can hurt people too.....



But like I said earlier, most people can't accept the truth. So the question is, do we become bastards telling the truth or do we think we are being kind by telling lies?

Maybe it is not the others.... maybe it is I who can't handle the truth?

No comments: