Saturday, August 27, 2011

Counting My Blessings

5 days to Raya and I finally did my shopping. Ted is a great partner to shop with. We liked the first dress we saw the minute we entered Ampang Park but it was a bit too pricey for my pay check. It was elegant in simplicity, just what I wanted. To top it all of, Ted loves it and he compared it to what the late Yasmin Ahmad would wear. That idea itself was a huge enticement.


So I thought what the hell, I worked so hard so I deserve to indulge myself. Anyway, it is not everyday I go shopping for a dress. My "what the hell" attitude went a bit too far down the fiery hole cause I ended up buying 2 dresses and 2 blouses. The best part was we got a pair of Baju Melayu for Ted to match my dress a few shops away. Ampang Park is fast becoming my favourite place to shop.

We wanted steak for dinner and we got the best ones in town...in the old Coliseum, TAR Road. The meat was perfectly grilled and the mash potatoes just melt in my mouth. And I swear, they have the best cup of coffee in town. Well maybe second best, next to the one in Cafe@18.



I suggested a walk to digest the steak and we ended up in Sogo. TAR was packed with shoppers and I think half of them was in Sogo. Mad shoppers filled up every square foot of the place and the 'Mad Hatter' me ended up indulging myself (again) to something that I have been wanting for months. Not a hat but the super sexy "forbidden fruit"....


So my Raya shopping was complete, or so I thought. It would have been complete if only I got this in my size....


But I have to count my blessings. I lived in a country where people are free. We are free to work and free to spend the money that we earned. We are free to be anywhere without having to worry about bombs and curfews and harassment. If you have the means, you have the freedom as a consumer to get almost anything your heart desires.

I am counting my blessings today that I have this freedom in this country. I pray that my children's children would have the same luxury of freedom as I do....if not more. 

p/s...I am getting that shoes tomorrow!!!!!!

No comments: