Sunday, August 21, 2011

I Like You.

A lot of people say the most powerful 3 words are I LOVE YOU. I beg to differ.

Love is such a powerful word, in a lot of ways. And it can mean differently to different people or situation> A mother's love are different from a father's love. Your siblings can love you because it is a given and a friends' love are some feeling that grew over years of going through moments together and mostly the crazier and happier times. A lover's love are spoken over lust and and the way I see it sometimes it doesn't last. So when you fell in love with someone, it is just because the feelings are true to that moment when you look into that person's eyes and feel that butterfly knot at the pit of your stomach. But like any other sensation that appears in your gut, it will dissipate after a while.
But hearing someone actually telling you that he likes you, that would be the ultimate true testament. That the feeling won't disappear. I like you...means that he likes the good that he sees in you but also he would be able to take the bad too. He likes your loudness and your quietness all at the same time. He likes that you are quirky at times and probably like that you have all your mental capacities intact all the time. He probably would be able to swallow that atrocious nasi goreng you made because he likes that you made an effort to cook. He probably would like to hold your hands or cuddle you just because he knows you like that.

Liking someone is not just enjoying the best of you but also accepting the worst of you. And it is the truest feeling anybody could have of you....and you can't fake it. If you don't like someone, you just can't stand being with him/her. You just can't.
Whats worst is what if you feel that you are not like.... Would you want to be around someone who doesn't like you? I would not, I rather not. But I would do almost anything to be like... would try my best to do things that would make him happy. Agreed whenever he asked and never say no. And maybe would never asked for anything that he would not want to do..... I am the kind of person that love to be like, and it is my burden that I carry. The burden of wanting to please everyone.

No comments: