Friday, August 19, 2011

Reflections

Ted is off to Perak for a training. Left early this morning after sahur and I missed him immediately. We are hardly apart and I never like the idea of him being away. But his work does take him everywhere, unlike mine that have 9 to 5 job.

When he is away, I have so many plans....clean the apartment, organize the kitchen, reorganize my wardrobe and so many more. For now, those are still plans. I ended up going back to Seremban to berbuka with Ibu. She called earlier last night and said it was her turned to cook for moreh and thought it would be good for me to come back since they have tahlil for my grandparents and Mama. How could I say no. So I drove back to Seremban after work. Times like this made me grateful that Ibu is just an hour away. I am so blessed in so many ways and living close to my parents are one of those blessings.

Ibu was happy and she even allowed me a short nap. She understand about my work more then I realized. The berbuka was chaotic as it is Thursday night and most of the Taman Bukit Kelana residents came for the prayer. But I loved it, it was nice to see how close knit our neighbourhood is. Prayers were brief and easy. I helped to wash dishes, as usual.

But what really got me tonight was the tahlil. Hearing the names of my loved ones that passed brought back a melancholic sort of feelings. Tok Rahim, Tok Taib, Tok Cu, Tok Ling, Mama....I missed them more then I like to admit. I wish that they are still around to see me where I am, to see us family happy. I hope wherever they are, they know this. Today, prayers were sent out to them in heaven. I wonder if I would have the same strength and capacity when I have to do similar act for my parents when they are gone. I don't know why this thought came to me today. It is not something that I would wish for but I know there will come a day where prayers would be the only thing I could offer. I just wonder if I could do them justice as they had done for their parents..... I pray that God will give the capacity to remember this when the time comes.

Apabila mati seseorang anak Adam itu, terputus ia semua hal kecuali 3 perkara:
1) Doa anak-anak yang soleh
2) Ilmu yang bermanfaat
3) Sedekah amal jariah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tq...coz I know u feel the same way