Friday, April 30, 2010

Aiman's 10


Aiman turned 10 this 16th April. Ted had a long talk with him, explaining why a celebration or a party is not necessary. Ted make sure Aiman is raised in an environment where worldly goods does not take precedence over his life. He is raised to appreciate gestures and actions. To see people through their results. What would a birthday celebration do for him or others around him? So there were no party, no wrapped presents, no cake.

I pester Ted to let me buy him a cake few times but my request were ignored in more ways then one. But I finally got my wish when a cake was given to me when we were in PD. I know it was not bought for Aiman but it has Aiman's name all over it. Aiman loved the cream and the cookies on top.

We had a small cake cutting celebration a day after his real birthday.... in a way, Ted got his wish too. Despite the talk, Aiman is still a boy.... he still got some presents from his uncle and grandparents. Ted got him a magic book, but this seemed to be more for the father then for the celebrated boy. I hope it will get Aiman to enjoy reading.

Happy birthday my dear Aiman....may you grow up to be a person in contribution, proud and happy....just as you are today.

No comments: