Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ashes to ashes....dust to dust

My title for this blog may not be used in a Muslim burial, but I believed it is the essence of death and can be aptly be used for any form of burial. The basic is the same.... when we die, our physical body will decomposed until nothing is left but ashes and dust. From Him we came and to Him we returned.

Auntie Jane was safely returned to Him on the 21st March 2010. She left quietly, no fuss. We waited all day. Each one hoping to be there when the transition happen, so as to be able to say our final goodbyes at the brink of it all....but then again He had better plan for her. She never wanted people to fuss over her so dying quietly would have been the way to go for her.

Her final rite was done in taste. I would have loved to help clean her but I didn't. Didn't think it was my placI would have robbed another deserving person of that privileged. So I kept myself busy with slicing the Bungai Rampai. Turned out there were a lot at hands helping me....Serena, Yasmin, Deanna, Samantha, Latifah.... to name a few. It was not too bad and we managed to produced a whole box of them. The prayer were quick but for the first time my tear fell in gushes.... the dam finally broke and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

At the cemetery, the prayers were beautiful. It was very enlightening and humbling to see a burial. Being placed 6 feet under the ground and left in the dark to face our maker and His messenger. How would we ever know if what we done in this world would ever be enough to carry us through that? We just have to have faith I think. If our hearts are pure with no malice towards our fellow men...and women, if our conscious are cleared from all evil thoughts and deeds, if we love our mankind selflessly.... wouldn't that be enough. I would like to think so.

Auntie Jane led a selfless life. She gave us her love and wit and zest for life without really asking anything in returned.... that would have been enough for her to place in heaven.

Our prayers are sent out every night since she left.... not that we doubt of her place with God, but it was our way of repaying for the priceless kindness we received from her. I think a lifelong of DOA would just about covered that......

No comments: