Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pain in the Butt...literally

OK...these last 3 days has been painful, to say the least.

In my 12 years experience as a medical practitioner, I have seen many afflictions that would make any laymen flinch in disgust. One of them would be a boil in the butt. Over the years, I have come across such a problem in many forms and shaped. Some are difficult to access, have foul smell and may take more then just an excision to clear. One thing for sure..... it is a problem that is not only painful but also can bring a lot of embarrassment. As for me, being on the other side, I had always tried to be professional... treating the problem at hand as tactful as possible. I never really wonder or imagine to be on the patient's side.... never really thought I would be face with this problem personally.

Well, needless to say, I am in my patient's shoes now. It is embarrassing.... and I am in great pain and discomfort most of the time. At the moment, I am wondering if I could ever find a doctor that could treat me as good as I was to my patients.... somebody who could empathize with me.

Right now I am acting as my own doctor, wishing the antibiotics I prescribed myself would do its job, so that I can avoid the task of finding such human being....it is true when they say doctors made the worst patients, maybe because I expect too much from another.

No comments: