Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My 38th

A few days before the 15th March, my mind became a bit numb. I was looking forward to this day but somehow when it is closer, I felt nothing. Not happy, not sad, not excited.... I can't really pinpoint the reason but didn't really feel like celebrating.

Then I got the news of Abang Mi's death & my mood suddenly took a turn. Made me feel more appreciative of the fact that I am alive & I should be grateful for the loving people around me. Aiman followed us back to Cheras that night & his presence lifted my mood.

Next day on the 14th we celebrated Mel's 30th birthday. Woke up late that morning but Ted & Aiman were already up. Ted made burger for Aiman & we laze around the apartment.We then went shopping for the door gifts in Petaling Street and had a ball. Rushed back to Keramat to drop Aiman off then back to Cheras to get ready... dropping by Leisure Mall to find last minute items. Unfortunately we decided to scrap the door gifts idea because of the lack of time. We were quite late going to WIP, Bangsar but fortunately the birthday girl was also late....


Had a nice dinner among friends. Mel was very surprised and look radiant as always. Opening the gifts that she received was an event by itself. We gave her a photo frame of Adlin & her... Adlin dubbed it "cheap but meaningful". I hope she likes it.

At midnight, Ted announced my birthday and a second celebration ensued. It was very sweet of Adlin to accommodate us. I loved my chocolate mousse cake.....









The night didn't end there.The party was continued with karaoke in Redbox, The Garden. We had a lot of great singers and entertainer.... Aqasha, Ted, Adlin, Mel, Mel's BFF's, the Trinini Trio.... we staggered out of the room at 3 am. It was a blast!

Driving back home....we listened to the new Jazz/Swing CD that Ted& Aiman bought for me. It was a great beginning of my day. I love my present from them. Now I get to listen to my favourite songs any time... and I don't have to wait for Lite&EZ Swing segment that comes only every Sunday night.




My day ended with dinner in Seremban with my parents, Ted's parents & Aiman. Ayah was very animated talking about his orchids which spark interest with Mak&Ayah. I was happy to see Ibu... to celebrate it with her. We drove back to KL after that... and one thing that was in my mind was a quiet prayer of being grateful for my life....







No comments: