Sunday, June 06, 2010

Us after 1 year




We became husband and wife officially a year ago to this date. That day is still fresh in my mind though it feels as if we have been married forever. The days passed by so quickly and I can't believe that 365 of them had passed. This 1 year had been a journey but surprisingly it was easy. We had our ups and downs, but I am grateful for the experiences. I feel so blessed to have him with me. I know I am stronger with him.... wiser...calmer...happier.


In my wildest dream, I could not have imagine being this blissfully happy. He let me see that happiness is a choice. Waking up in the morning on the wrong side of the bed simply does not exist in his world. The minute we open our eyes from our slumber, we make the choice how our day is going to be. Should we become a contributor or a destroyer? Do we want to be a giver or a taker? Do we want to throw tantrum or smile at the bad lucks that is thrown at us? Should we scream and shout or laugh and sing our way through our daily chores? Life is a lot easier and happier if we know that we have that choice.



At this matured age, I could not have imagine being able to learn anything new nor accepting anything else then my old ways. Those who says that you can't teach an old dogs new tricks must have led a dull and boring lives. I learned to have new hobbies... to be passionate about cooking and eating.... to accept my quirkiness with humour... to laugh even when I am crying... to be stronger when I am pushed around.


I know my life is richer with him around but it doesn't mean I am a pauper if I am alone. Tonight I am sending a prayer that this will last....this is my true love, my soul mate.... my Knight in shining armour is here to stay, no matter what.

2 comments:

maizikeem said...

Happy 1st anniversary! Wish you a wonderful year ahead..

Unknown said...

happy anniversary...