Monday, September 05, 2011

Honouring A Hero



Noramfaizul Mohd Nor was a Bernama Cameraman who was killed by a stray bullet while on a goodwill tour to Mogadishu,Somalia with Kelab Putera 1Malaysia. He went there with intentions to help the Somalian during the months of Ramadhan/Syawal 1432 and for that lost his life. if that is not a hero, I don't know what is.

I first heard about the news from a post by Kaduk and after much googling, I managed to get the full story. It is sad and tragic. But on the other hand I was thinking, he left this world in the most honourable way possible. From the Youtube posts, a lot of people send their condolences but a lot more were cursing the Somalian. My heart breaks a little when I read some of the unkind post. It is not fair to blame them. I believed that the best way to honour such a hero is not blaming the people he tried to help but to remember his good deed and just that. He gave his life and we should remember him. I love the way his mother described him as a loving and responsible son who never hurt her feelings. What a memory he left of himself to his mom....I wonder how many of us could leave such memories to our parents.


No comments: