Sunday, September 11, 2011

Secret Recipe.







It is a Sunday and it is a day to learn the delicious Cik Miah's Acar Buah. Actually my staff had asked for the acar for the Raya Lunch this Tuesday. How could I say no?

We bought most of the ingredients yesterday. I had the time of my life preparing the raw ingredients and taking pictures of them.
Today is the prep day in Mak's house. Ted insisted that I watch each step carefully. It is not something you can learn from a book. It is a secret pass down from mother to daughter, grandmother to grand-daughter... And in my case mother in law to daughter in law.
   










Mak has a lot more recipe that are traditional in her family. I am eager to learn and hopefully I pass it down to my daughter 1 day.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments: